Monday, April 20, 2015

 Blog: Members Help The Work
So this week was just one full of miracles!
The Lord works in the strangest ways sometimes :) But they are also the BEST ways ever!
So the beginning of this week was kind of crazy. One of the elders in our area returned home (in missionary terms ``he died``) And his companion was going to be a trainer. So on P-day we just kind of hung out with some members who wanted to take us out to eat and some of the other elders in the next area that were also returning home. It was fun, but crazy. Then we went and ate at that members house again. The one that let us wear her kimonos! They are seriously such a nice family, really an example of the believers.
Then we kind of just did a lot of regular dendou, housing and such. Don`t get me wrong I like finding, but lots of finding can be a bit tiring. And lately, to me, at least it felt like we had a LOT of finding time. So I prayed to God that we would be able to teach more lessons to people. I was thinking that maybe we would find a new investigator on the street or something. But of course His ways are higher than mine. And we got a surprising call on Friday morning. So a member who got baptized with her daughter back in August had been jointing for us lately. And her and her daughter are just really awesome members! Her husband and sons would also come to church occasionally, but whenever we asked if other family members wanted to receive the lessons or do activities with us, she seemed apprehensive. So we didn`t push to hard, but we kept trying to think of ways we could get our foot in the door. Then Easter Sunday :) One of the most marvelous times of the year came and we invited all members to invite non-member friends. We challenged this sister and she asked if non-member family could come as well. And we were like YES, YES, BRING YOUR FAMILY. So they came on Easter Sunday and some of the members were just awesome and sprung right into action. So anyways, back to this call. She called us and said her son wanted to be baptized. On his birthday. This Sunday the 19th. So we were scrambling making calls to AP`s to see if the church attendance counted and such. And we scheduled dates to teach him lessons. We basically teach him a lesson everyday this week then he has his interview. So does God answer prayers? Heck yes he does! So we are super excited to help him receive baptism. He is a wonderful kid and he might not understand everything, but he does understand that this gospel is good and will be a blessing to his life. So we are very excited for that and pray all goes well :)
Also conference happened. If any of you remember that far back. It was wonderful! I have never enjoyed conference so much in all my life. Why might you ask? Because I came with questions and they were answered! Plus every time I listen to the general authorities speak I can feel their love for their savior and his love for me. I was reminded countless times that even in my state of inadequacy the Savior loves me all the more. He just needs me to grow and progress. He came to this earth to help ME with my inadequacies in hopes that I can use my experiences to help others. And a mission has been the greatest eye opener to me since the day I was born. Although still very much imperfect I can feel a light growing within me that I think all missionaries understand. Whether you be a full time, or just giving a simple hello to your neighbor next door. When your on the Lords work he is there to guide you through. I know that this church is true. Although the members may not be perfect, we are all trying to be better people and that`s what counts. Progression my friends, it`s the best gift God has ever given. I am very excited to continue on this journey and get yelled at by crazy old people, doors slammed in my face, the hand and see all the MIRACLES that come as people find that change of heart and see the light of Christ in what may seem like endless darkness! So grateful that I know I am a child of God. I hope you all know that whatever life throws your way, you don`t go through it alone. Happy Easter and April everyone!

Love,
ジョンソン姉妹

Eating out with a member (mine shimai)

Shiro kuma! One of the best things I have eaten! Transfer P-day!

zimmerman chourou`s last eikaiwa!

Oota kazoku shokuji

conference (beer, ratzlaff, me, and kashiwa)

No comments:

Post a Comment