Monday, January 19, 2015

 Blog: Saying Goodbye

So this week was waaaaay crazy!
Because my comp is going back to America and we visited a whole bunch of people. Which worked out great because I`m transferring to Taniyama!!! Which is like 5 hours away from Fujisaki. I am way excited, my new companion is Nihon-jin! (Japanese) Everyone says she`s the greatest so I`m pumped!
Anyways this week just lots of biking around our whole area!
So on Wednesday we visited some less actives and they fed us lunch, which was so delicious. Then they started to karaoke in their house and wanted us to sing ave maria. He wanted us to just sing it acapella And his nonmember girlfriend was like, ``You`re Christian right? So you should know how to sing this.`` So they brought out a blank tape to record us and when we told them that we couldn`t sing it they put some music to it. But it was in Dutch or something. So we kind of... made it up? We would just like try to pretend like we knew, but neither of us can sing to begin with, so it was terrible. And I couldn`t stop laughing. But it was way fun! Then on Thursday we met with a former investigator who fed us until we were about ready to pass out. We had a big lunch, then she bought us ice cream, then we walked around to some temples that she visited during new years and then we stopped and had juice and cookies. I thought I was going to die! But she was super nice and an awesome lady. But she likes being Buddhist and kept trying to get us to tell our full names and address to Buddha. I just said a small prayer to Heavenly Father, haha. But then she had us drink some fresh ground water as part of the Buddhist culture, maybe? I am not actually sure if she drank it, but I was expecting something cool and refreshing, but it was salty and warm and very nasty. But the experience was photographed :). Then on Saturday we celebrated the birthday with like the only high school girl in our ward. She has a hard time with self confidence, but when we spend time with her I can see the light of Christ in her. We went to the local mall and ate at subway and bought her crepes and surprised her. She was very surprised. I don`t think she understood that we did these things because it was her birthday because she bought us presents too, haha! But that`s okay because they were cute! 
Then on Sunday I had to give a talk. It wasn`t so bad, but I read the wrong scripture for like 5 minutes. I also did it in a kimono as well, because an older woman in our ward does kimono stuff for a living so she brought some and we wore it all day during church. They were way pretty, but quite uncomfortable. And we undressed at the church, which was very strange. But it was a cool experience and the ward member is the cutest obaa-chan (grandma) ever! I wish I could write more details, but maybe the pictures will explain it better! It was just a crazy and fun week! Also we were pretty sure I was transferring because no new sisters are coming in so they brought our area down to 4 man. It`s pretty crazy at our apartment with 3 of us leaving! Wish us luck!!
Two miracles that happened this week though. So at our zone meeting they talked about talking to the younger generation. And the next day we happen to be riding around on our bikes when my companion said we should house this one apartment (I`m so glad that she is so in tune with the spirit). And a high school boy answering the first apartment we go to! And he said we could come back! So we`ll have to see how that goes. Then on this last Sunday we had two less actives come to church! It was amazing! But yep, the church is true. Spirit guides me everyday, if he didn`t I probably would`ve been hit by a car by now! Crazy city drivers! Love you all! 

Love,
ジョンソン姉妹
We took a selfie at the karaoke people`s house, いけだ兄弟 and 山口姉妹 house

Me praying at the Japanese temple

My face right after I drank the salty water at the temple with Miyamai-san and my comp

Us at a shoukuji ( meal ) with Mori shimai. She made us fancy sushi and cake for her friends birthday who the other shimai (sisters) taught a message to


Us standing outside a shrine that we found one night. But we got too scared to go in. It was really creepy.

Us putting on our kimonos at the church

Me and Southworth Shimai on her last Sunday wearing our kimonos! She looks so cute!

Us at the bishops house for a shoukuji. It was SO far away and up a mountain, but the food was so delicious and their daughters are so cute!

Our last kodomo eikaiwa ( English class) with (left to right) Hikaru, Aiki, and Asahi-kun

We went out to eat with yamamoto-san for Southworth going back to America, we ate at a chanpon noodle shop, which was very good. But I was so stuffed. After we ate I just wanted to stand up and cheer because I was able to finish mine

We went kimono shopping with Westover shimai and matsuura shimai and had mandu afterwards. Matsuura shimai is just the cutest in her kimonos

No comments:

Post a Comment