Monday, August 24, 2015

 Blog: Transferring

It has been a CRAZY week!!!!!! As far as like change and stuff. But
yes, so I was pretty sure I was going to transfer because I had been
in my beloved taniyama for five transfers and I was done training my
bean-chan. So I planned accordingly. I asked to speak on Sunday and it
was fun to see their faces when I told them I had been there for 8
months! Then on Monday we went on splits with a sister and became a
 trio-companionship because her companion had to go to honbu to get
training to be a trainer. It was way fun! I learned so much from her!
Then we had p-day on Tuesday which started out with lunch at a members
house. They fed us sushi and we all ate until we were about to
explode! They were the nicest ever!! Then we went and hung out with
Mayu-shimai our recent convert who recently went to the temple. We
went to a showcase about Hiroshima and got to see a lot of cool things
and make origami cranes! And we talked to all the little old ladies
there that were volunteering and making cranes. They were way funny
and thought we were amazing for giving up our time to come volunteer.
Sweet little old ladies! Then after that I got my transfer call:
I got called to- Kurume!
Which is in the same stake as my first area (fujisaki) but is further
south so it is actually in the Nagasaki zone! And my companion is
sister Healey from American Fork :) She is way awesome and I am
excited to work with her! The ward is great too, lots of strong
members!
But yes, then after my transfer call we had another shoukuji (meal) with some
members at the church. And we also stuffed ourselves until we were
about to die. And I ate more goya than I hope I ever have to in my
life!! Haha, oh our funny okinawan members! Then the next day I spent
mostly packing, writing meishi's (cards) and at eikaiwa (English class).
Oh, and we also had to go to the hospital twice to make sure my companion
didn't have tuberculosis, she is clean! yaya! Then we got to eat yakiniku at a
members shop, and it was SO DELICIOUS! The meat just melted in my
mouth. It was fantastic!! I will definitely go there again! Then the
next day I got on a bus and transferred over to kurume. I left at 8:00
on a bus and got to Kurume around 3:00. It was a long trip! But worth
it! Since then we have had English class, an open house in another
area that we helped with, and church. And it all just zoomed by. The
members are fantastic and I am so excited to get to work! Missionary
work is the best!!!!
Also a funny story is that on our way back from the open house we got
on the first train and had to change trains towards the end. So we
were on the train and the two sisters who have been here for a while
noticed we were going the wrong way. So we got off on the next station
and got on the train going back and asked which one was the right
train and got on that one. And then we missed our stop and had to get
off on the next station and finally we got home! Needless to say we
were late... and tired! But, haha it was a good ONE TIME experience,
hopefully :)
Anyways that was pretty much my week. It seems all over the place, but
that is pretty much how this week went :) But the church is still true
and moving forward! Love it here!!!
Love,
Sister Johnson

Crump, Parmley, Healey, and me. The Kurume shimai!

Us at the open house we helped with in another area. The people were so cute and nice!! (healey, parmley, saga members and their friends (I don't remember names  the littlest girl is hono-chan and the girl next to me is sayaka) then me and crump shimai) It was way fun!

Us at the bus station before I left (ratzlaff chourou, sherman chourou, matsuura-san(investigator), kajiya-kyoudai, hashiguchi-kyoudai, vance-chourou, row chourou and shimai, then me and kozaki in the middle)

Us at our last Taniyama english class. Students were fantastic and we had a party afterwards!!! It was too short!!!!!!

Us eating yakiniku (ushio-shimai's shop. Pretty famous and made it on TV... or so I heard)... I feel like a lot of pictures will be of us just eating. We ate a lot the few days before I left... I t'was fantastic.

Me with our investigator who came by the church to say goodbye to me! Ikeue-san, love this lady and hope to see her at the temple someday!

Us at the Oota's (their great nephew was my kouhai at the MTC) Love
this family!! (Sister kozaki, me, kemp chourou, ratzlaff chourou, oota
shimai and kyoudai)

No comments:

Post a Comment